- contest rules
Can I enter without purchasing?
There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. During the Sweepstakes Period, there are two (2) ways to enter:
- 1. Online: Click the Enter to Win button on the website. Complete the online entry form. Enter your full name, address, city, state, zip code, email address and phone number (including area code), and submit as directed.
- 2. Mail-In: Hand print the following on an official entry form found at participating locations, while supplies last, or on a 3½-by-5-inch postcard or piece of paper: your full name, full mailing address (no P.O. boxes), city, state, zip code, day and evening phone numbers, and email address (if any). Mail your entry in a stamped #10 hand-printed envelope to: Retool Your Image Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 293463, Lewisville, TX 75029-3463. Mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than
October 31, 2013, and received no later than November 15, 2013.
How often can I enter?
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, per day, regardless of method of entry. Entries received from any person, email address or household in excess of the stated limitation will be void.
How do I know if I've won?
Drawing will be conducted from all eligible entries received no later than December 14, 2013, by a third-party promotion administrator, whose decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) prize per person and/or household. Potential Grand-Prize winners will be contacted via a traceable method of mail sent to the address provided at the time of entry. Grand-Prize winners will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release (granting the use of the winner's name, city/state, and likeness or photograph by Sponsor for advertising/publicity purposes, without further compensation) within ten (10) days of attempted mail notification, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be contacted.
What do you mean by "potential" winner?
"Potential" means that there are circumstances that could cause the "chosen" winner to be ineligible. Therefore, until all criteria are met, the winner is considered "potential." Failure to return the executed Affidavit within the specified time period, or Sponsor's inability to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time, may result in forfeiture of prize, at Sponsor's sole discretion, and random selection of an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. If the prize notification is returned as undeliverable or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner selected. Potential winner will be subject to a verification process, to include winner's name, address, home phone number, work/cell phone number, Social Security number and employer. Sweepstakes Parties (as defined in Official Rules) are not liable if prize notification letter is lost in the mail or phone call is not responded to within the time allowed.
I'm having trouble accessing some of the web pages on this site.
There are several possible reasons you could be having problems, including connectivity problems with your Internet service provider. This website is optimized for use with the following browsers: Mozilla Firefox 16–20, Safari 5–6, Internet Explorer 7–10 and Google Chrome 20–25. If you're not using one of these browsers, we strongly recommend that you upgrade your current browser.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes is sponsored by Exxon Mobil Corporation, 3225 Gallows Road, Fairfax, VA 22037 (the "Sponsor" or “ExxonMobil”).
- 1. ELIGIBILITY: The Mobil Delvac Retool Your Image Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and of a legal age of majority in their state of residence (19 years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, officers, directors (of Exxon Mobil Corporation, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies; any other individuals engaged in any way in the development, production, printing, distribution or execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Parties”); the immediate family members of each such person (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and the respective spouses or “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside); and those living in the same household of each such person, whether or not related, for at least three months during the 12-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win. Any employee or official of any government, or government-owned or government-controlled entity, that has regulatory authority over Sponsor, its parent company or any of its affiliates is also ineligible to enter or win. Participation in the Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
- 2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on August 1, 2013, at 12:00:01 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) and ends on October 31, 2013, at 11:59:59 p.m. MT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The website server is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
- 3. HOW TO ENTER: There are 3 ways to enter this Sweepstakes: rebate submission, online and mail-in.
Rebate submission: Receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for each qualifying Mobil Delvac fall mail-in rebate offer claim you submit. Rebate submissions must be postmarked by November 30, 2013, and received by December 14, 2013, to qualify for entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit five (5) entries for $5 Mobil Delvac fall mail-in rebate offer and limit two (2) entries for $25 Mobil Delvac fall mail-in rebate offer per person/per household.
Online: Visit www.mobildelvac.com/enter (collectively, the “website”) during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the on-screen directions to complete and submit the online entry form to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Mail-in: You receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes by hand printing your full name, address, city, state, zip code, age, email address (optional), and day and evening phone numbers on a 3-by-5-inch card or piece of paper and mailing it in a #10 sealed envelope, with proper postage affixed, to: Mobil Delvac Retool Your Image Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 293463, Lewisville, TX 75029-3463. Mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than October 31, 2013, and received by November 15, 2013. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Limit one (1) entry per envelope.
Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, damaged, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due or damaged mail/entries. Rebate submissions and mail-in entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules.
- 4. RANDOM DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: A random drawing to select the potential winner will be conducted from all eligible entries by the Sweepstakes administrator, whose decisions are final and binding, on or about December 18, 2013. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- 5. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: $15,000 credit toward the prizing options: truck wrap, stationery, new logo design, business cards, uniforms or flyers, or a $5,000 check if winner decides to decline prizing options.
- 6. PUBLICITY: Except in Tennessee, and where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, Winners (or Winner’s parent/legal guardian, if Winner is a minor) grant permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use their name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or likeness for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media (including posting on website) now known or hereinafter invented, without territorial or time limitations, without further notice, and without additional compensation. If you are selected as a Winner, your information may also be included in a publicly available Winners list.
- 7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize is nontransferable, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the prize, and Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099 for the value of any prize that is valued at $600 or over.
- 8. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: Potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these official rules. Potential Grand-Prize winner will be contacted by phone, email and/or express delivery service and will be required to sign, notarize and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) and a W-9 within ten (10) days of attempted notification, or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Failure to provide all required information and a signature on the documents will result in forfeiture of winner’s right to claim a prize, and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sweepstakes Parties are not liable if prize notification letter is lost or email is not received for any reason.
- 9. OTHER CONDITIONS: INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award the prizes in a random manner to be determined by Sponsor. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- 10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties resulting from user's participation in, attempt to participate in, or download of any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, those arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or website; unauthorized human or nonhuman intervention in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug or worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the website. Use of website is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the website, the download of any information from the website, or any other loss related to user’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor and Sweepstakes Parties from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
As a condition of entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that this Sweepstakes and any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded shall be governed by the laws of the State of Virginia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Fairfax, VA. Further, under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and by entering this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages or costs and attorneys’ fees. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions stated in these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- 11. WINNERS LIST: The name of the winner will be posted online at mobildelvac.com after prize has been awarded. To request confirmation of the name and address of the winner, please send a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope to Mobil Delvac Retool Your Image Sweepstakes Promotion, P.O. Box 292523, Lewisville, TX 75029-2523, to be received by December 31, 2013.
SPONSOR: ExxonMobil Corporation, 3225 Gallows Road, Fairfax, VA 22037.
©2013 Exxon Mobil Corporation. All trademarks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries unless indicated otherwise.
How does ExxonMobil protect my privacy?